Office Manager | Senior Designer
Spellman Brady & Company is looking for a creative and artistically-minded individual seeking a full-time Office Manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, managing client and vendor meetings, and providing support to the HR, IT and senior management areas. Looking for an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well-organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
Responsibilities, but not limited to the following
- Manage office services by ensuring office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved and that clerical functions are performed timely and accurately.
- Point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Make travel arrangements, manage seminar registration and oversee employee expense reporting and processing.
- Organize, schedule and set-up Client and Vendor Rep meetings and appointments.
- Maintain and update CRM system.
- Partner with HR to coordinate benefits administration and maintain office policies.
- Maintain office staff job results by planning, monitoring and administrating the employee review process.
- Monitor employees’ timesheets; review and record leaves related to professional development, vacation, sick leaves and leave of absence requests.
- Maintain office staff by managing new hire recruiting, selecting, orienting and training.
- Administer terminated employee checklist, including exit interviews with feedback delivered to senior management.
- Recruit, train, mentor, supervise and discipline Design Interns to ensure the overall efficiency of daily operations.
- Manage Owners’ communications, including CRM, emails and filing, as well as schedules, calendars and appointments.
- Maintain and update company calendar with holidays, internal company meetings, anniversaries/birthdays, company events, etc.
- Plan and coordinate employee events such as team outings, celebrations, and charity fundraisers.
- Coordinate with IT on all office equipment and software procurement, password retention and tech support.
- Oversee office equipment maintenance and repair, as well of replacement of missing supplies.
- Establish and manage procedures to protect, retain, record disposal and retrieval of company records.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Perform quarterly accounts payable and accounts receivable audit.
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment.
- Proven office management skills with a minimum of 3 to 5 years of previous experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages (e.g. MS Office, SharePoint, Salesforce, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Business or Accounting
- Good judgement and inter-personal skills
- Exceptional leadership and mentoring skills
- Flexibility, ability to adjust priorities in a fast-moving environment
- High levels of integrity and ability to manage confidentiality
- Resourceful, energetic, and a self-starter with a strong desire to take initiative
- Able to gather and process critical information quickly
- Effective team player, able to manage stress and positively shape his/her environment
- Strong sense of empathy and compassion
Spellman Brady & Company is looking for a creative and artistically-minded individual seeking a full-time Senior Designer position with 8 + years providing exceptional interior designing solutions to clients in order to meet project goals. A candidate that is able to balance a full workload and establish priorities and deadlines, while offering excellence in design strategies along with a keen sense of elemental colors and schemes.
Responsibilities, but not limited to the following
- Ability to execute all aspects of project including planning, design, construction documents and specifications from A to Z
- Possess knowledge of all applicable building codes that are relevant to project completion
- Produce drawings in appropriate computer programs to accurately portray design intent
- Possess current finish knowledge in order to specify appropriate materials
- Select and specify interior finishes for interior design projects – includes all phases of design process
- Possess current product knowledge in order to specify appropriate furniture and related items
- Select and specify furniture, soft goods and signage for procurement – includes all phases of procurement process
- Work with all project consultants and team members to achieve desired project results
- Work with manufacturers during bidding and negotiation
- Oversee installation process
- Follow up on punch items
- Capable of mentoring other junior level designers regarding project processes and product knowledge
- Relies on Project Manager or Director for guidance on big picture items, schedule and timelines.
- Portrays skills to work well with clients, architects, vendors and consultants
- Is able to market all of SBC’s capabilities to all current and potential clients
- Ability to travel, including airline flights, and occasionally to stay overnight
- Other duties as assigned
- Accredited Degree in Interior Design
- 8 + years’ Interior Design experience
- Revit & Auto CAD
- Proficiency in CAP – 20-20 Worksheet a plus
- InDesign a plus